Archive for January, 2011
Everyone knows the number one thing you need to be successful online is traffic to your website. Of course you also need to have a valuable offer for your visitors – a reason for them to transact with you. What you do with the traffic when it gets to your site could be any number of things. The most crucial aspect of this process is getting the visitors to your site.
Let’s talk about how to generate traffic…
Here are a few of the most popular way to get traffic to your site – for free:
This article explains how to select a profitable niche for your membership business.
Step 1 – Find a Fanatical Market
The number 1 thing you have to do is find fanatics if you want a profitable membership website. Fanatic is defined as someone with an irrational enthusiasm. These are the people you’re looking for because they are so enthusiastic they’re willing to spend money on their topic of fanaticism. OK, so we know what a fanatic is, but how do we find them?
- Here’s something you may not have considered – magazines! We’re so internet-based these days, it’s easy to forget about them. Because it’s becoming harder and harder to keep print periodicals profitable these days, if you see a magazine on the shelves, you know it’s making money. And that means there are lots of people interested in it. If they can make money in a print version, you can probably make money with a membership website.
- Pay attention throughout the day in your regular activities. See what people are talking about on the radio, TV, at parties, in public, etc. If people are talking about it, they are interested in it. And that may also mean they’re willing to pay money to learn more about it.
- Again, looking in the physical world for clues you can tell there are lots of people interested in something if there are clubs and organizations around the topic. By the same token, if enough people are interested to hold a convention on a certain topic, you can definitely find enough people to build a membership business around that same topic.
- Think about the things that you are interested in. If you’re interested in something, it’s highly likely others are, too. Making money is fun and it’s even more fun if you can do it in a niche you’re excited about.
- One simple and easy way to find out what’s hot is Google Trends. This service shows you the current most popular search terms. These are the things people are actively searching for in Google. They’re searching because they want information. Building a membership business around things people are actively searching for is a great way to ensure your success.
Second – Analyze the “commerciality”
Visitors to your site are critical – getting them there automatically is even better. Here’s how…
Keyword research is really the first step in getting traffic to your website. Why? Because you have to target these keywords if you are to have any hope of actually generating traffic for them. Which means you need to put some thought into the keywords you’re targeting.
A couple things to keep in mind when doing keyword research:
- Are the keywords you’re interested in attainable? This involves doing some competitive analysis to determine the ease of entry for each keyword
- What kinds of visitors do these keywords bring? If you don’t do your research you’ll end up with a lot of traffic that doesn’t buy from you. What you want is buyers!
- What about affiliates? Nothing brings more buyers like an army of affiliates. So, it’s important to also target affiliates in the keywords you go after.
Secrets of Affiliate Marketing
If you want to get started quickly and easily making money online, then affiliate marketing is for you. What “affiliate marketing” means is that you just send traffic to someone else’s website, they handle the sales, support and billing, and you get a percentage of the sale price as your commission (usually 50% or more for digital products).
These are a some of the benefits
- You can start instantly with no up-front costs and no need to develop a product, set up a website and sales page, design the website, create marketing materials, or get a merchant account and CRM.
- It runs on auto-pilotfor you because you don’t have to do the customer support or deal with billing or technical issues.
- You have nearly zero risk because you already know the product sells, because the product owner has already made sure the product sells. So you know that your traffic will result in sales.